Monday 2 March 2009

Climbing supervisor

Was up at gilwell over the weekend, finding out about their new procedures and how it all affects volunteers and what we can and can't do.
One very good thing is that the current "anchors" around the climbing wall are going to be replaced with proper anchors.
There is going to be a 3 tier instructor system as well, which is a little too involved to go into as I'm doing this on a train, suffice to say it sounds entirely reasonable to me, though I'm sure there will be a number of people who will want to have their tuppence worth and will spout nonsense about it.

However, neil was also there, and assessed me for my climbing permit, which was good. I'm only qualled for scouts as opposed to scouts and guides, but I can take up to 10 kids on 3 systems to any scout wall in the uk, which iis good.
Important thing to remember is not to be in the system at anytime as far as you can manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment